Covid Communication 6
Dear Parents and Carers,
As you are aware, Boris Johnson made a statement on Saturday that we will be starting a new national lockdown from Thursday 5th November.
In the announcement, he also stated that schools will remain open.
We will continue to follow the risk assessment we have in place, but are asking for help in implementing some further measures to help against the spread of Covid-19.
- We are asking that parents/carers wear face coverings at drop off and pick up. This is a further precautionary measure to reduce the chances of both transmitting and catching the virus. The request to families to face coverings at this time is in line with the latest Government guidance relating to large gatherings and the upcoming national lockdown.
- You may see staff wearing masks/visor.
- Please ensure that only you, a household member or someone in your support bubble* drops off and collects your children, and this is not done by another household member.
- Please stand 2m+ away from other parents/carers.
- Please do not spend additional time in the playgrounds after drop off/ collection.
- Please ensure your child has a coat in school so we can spend as much time as possible outside.
- Please provide your child with wellies/shoes suitable to wear on a field so that we can continue to use the field all winter.
*A support bubble is where a household with one adult joins with another household (on an exclusive basis).
As always, please be alert to these symptoms:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature). A normal temperature is 36.5 -37 degrees centigrade.
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
If your child, or any household member experiences these, please ensure that they do not attend school. Please let the school know and you will be given further advice.
A quick guide to Covid 19 guidance around attending school can be found here Quick Guide